Hello and welcome

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to look at my blog. This is the place that I am going to keep a record of my stitching progress but I will probably put other stuff on here too. I will be glad to hear your thoughts too so post away if you feel like it.

Saturday 7 May 2011

a slow week

Hi everyone, firstly thanks for the lovely comments from you :-)
so its been a bit quiet on the stitching front this week..hence not posting.  I went to visit my family last weekend so hardly any stitching done then, and of course back to work this week :-(  Its a shame we have to work but I have to get cash for stash somewhere!  I admit I lost my stitching mojo a bit this week, probably because I did so much over the holidays and then the shock of being back at work.  I have made a little bit of progress on the snapperbets...


You can't really see the effect properly on the photo but I am using the weeks dyes floss which gives a lovely shaded effect to the solid blocks of colour.
I think though I need a new start to get my mojo back (any excuse eh?) and I have decided to start a Mirabilia ..Shakespears Fairies..which you can see here...
http://www.mirabilia.com/crossStitchFrames/md103.html

I really like the colours on this design and it has loads of beadwork on it.  I don't like the green fabric though so I am thinking of making it rather dramatic by stitching on black..what do you think? The setting is supposed to be night so I guess this would work ok.  I have put the flosses on the fabric and it looks pretty good.

Is it me or has there been a bit of a lull in new designs lately?  I get various newsletters but I haven't seen much that really makes me go WOW.  Its good for my purse but a bit disappointing.  Come on designers...get your fingers out!

Off now for a bit of shopping (not stash unfortuately) ..I will let you know how I get on with the fairies

5 comments:

  1. Great progress on your snapperbet. I agree, that mushy pea green does nothing for the fairy design, it would look stunning on black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress,looking forward to seeing your new start.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress on your snapperbet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snapperbet looks lovely

    The fairies will be a fab project, i'll enjoy watching that grow, rather you than me on the black though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress. Look forward to seeing your new start.

    ReplyDelete